Benefits of avoiding high cholesterol foods
Cholesterol is a fat found in the blood of all animals and is required for the proper functioning of cell membranes and hormone production. Although there are also health problems associated with low cholesterol levels, but very rare. Because our body also produces all the cholesterol we need, so no need to consume too much.
High Cholesterol Foods Consumption of various types of high cholesterol foods to excess, shown to increase the risk of heart disease and stroke. Cholesterol is only found in food products made from animal, and thus, vegetarians tend to have lower cholesterol levels than non-vegetarians. Daily value of cholesterol from food needed by the body by AKG (Nutritional Adequacy Rate) is 300 mg.
Listed below are the 15 types of high cholesterol foods that should not be too often we consume.
- Egg yolk. Having cholesterol levels are very high food that is 1234mg per 100 gram serving, or 411% of the recommended daily amount. A single egg yolk will give 210mg (70% RDA) cholesterol, whereas intact eggs provide a bit more with 212mg (71% RDA). Thus all the cholesterol in eggs is found in the yolk. Eggs not mean that should not be eaten at all, it's just that when you've been eating eggs in the morning, you should avoid any kind of high cholesterol foods as lunch and dinner.
- Caviar. Foods made from fish eggs have a high content of cholesterol that is 588mg / 100 g (196% RDA), or about 94mg of cholesterol (31% RDA) per tablespoon.
- Offal heart. Cholesterol is produced in the liver, therefore offal contains a lot of cholesterol. Hearts of any meat will contain 564mg of cholesterol per 100 grams or 188% RDA.
- Butter. You can find foods that use butter as cakes, biscuits, bread etc. 100 grams of butter contains cholesterol as much as 215mg (72% RDA) and a tablespoon of butter contains about 30mg of cholesterol (10% RDA).
- Shrimp. 100 grams of shrimp contains 195mg of cholesterol (65% RDA).
- Shellfish. The following high cholesterol foods can be eaten raw, baked, steamed, fried, and so on. Shellfish is a very delicious seafood, but not to consume excessive because in the 100 grams of shellfish contain about 105mg of cholesterol (35% RDA).
- Lobster. 3 ounces of lobster contains 61 mg of cholesterol (20% RDA).
- Rib eye steak. 4-ounce rib-eye steak contains cholesterol 66 mg (22% RDA).
- Fast food such as fries, shakes and cheese burger is also a high cholesterol diet. So it should not be too often consumed. For one cheese burger contains about 100 mg of cholesterol (33% RDA).
- Fish oil. Although considered to be good for heart health, fish oil also contains a fairly high cholesterol. Containing an average of 142mg (47% RDA) of cholesterol per 100g.
- Cheese. Is one source of protein and calcium, but it can add flavor becomes more delicious food. However, the average cheese contains high levels of cholesterol which is about 123mg (41% RDA) per 100 grams of cheese.
- Processed meat. The amount of cholesterol in processed meat depends on the way process and materials used, such as sauces and oils. For the size of the raw meat of sheep and ducks are quite high cholesterol.
- Ice Cream. For those of you who love ice cream as a dessert, did you know that a cup of ice cream has more fat than a hamburger and more cholesterol than 10 donuts. We recommend that you replace ice cream with fresh fruit ice as desserts. Because fresh fruit is low in calories and high in fiber, vitamins, and nutrients that you really need, and is one of high cholesterol lowering foods are very good.
- Fried chicken. Although chicken is usually regarded as a low-fat meat choices are pretty good, but how to prepare or cook can make these foods contain cholesterol and high fat. For example, a chicken leg with skin contains more fat and cholesterol than a cup of ice cream or a hamburger. Especially when it is cooked by frying will increasingly turn it into a high-cholesterol foods.
- Snack. Beware of snack, especially for those who have a history of cholesterol because many kinds of snacks that contain trans fats on the market. Where trans fats can turn into a healthy diet high cholesterol foods.