The leaves are grooved at the edges. The flowers are perfect, yellow, small (3cm diameter). Watermelon is andromonoecious monoclinic, which has two kinds of flowers on one plant: the male flowers, which only has the stamens (stamens), and pansy flowers / hermaphrodite, which has stamens and pistils (pistillum). Pansy flower can be recognized from their ovaries (ovarian) at the base of the flower in the form of an oval-shaped enlargement.
Benefits Watermelon BodyBenefits of Watermelon Fruit is very much, they are as follows:
- Can accompany your diet program because watermelon is one of the fruits that do not contain fat and also have a limited combination of sugar and water content enough.
- It is beneficial for patients with hypertension because it contains water and potassium is high enough to neutralize the pressure of blood in our body.
- to intensify the work of the heart.
- Can help our bodies stay healthy because it contains antioxidants (beta-carotene and vitamin C).
- Can stimulate more rapid discharge of urine.
- to reduce fever.
- to prevent canker sores quickly.
The other benefits of watermelon for health are:1. Prevent high blood pressure and stroke
In watermelon contains potassium which play a role in lowering blood pressure. In addition, the content of carotenoids in watermelon can prevent hardening of the arteries and veins, thus reducing blood pressure. The benefits of watermelon can you get if you regularly consume, for example, you use a watermelon fruit as a dessert after a meal.
2. Maintain a healthy kidney
The benefits of watermelon in maintaining kidney health is due to the high potassium content. Potassium helps clean up the remnants of which are toxic to the kidneys. In addition, watermelon is able to reduce levels of uric acid in the blood, thereby reducing the risk of kidney damage and kidney stone formation.
As an antioxidant that is seeing in these fruits contain lycopene which is quite high. Lycopene is an antioxidant compound that has the potential to prevent free radicals. Free radicals are going out of control, can caused by pollution, diet and decreased body power. This result, your body susceptible to disease and free radicals this is the beginning of the emergence of cancer.
4. Prevent thrush
The benefits of watermelon fruit not only for severe disease course, thrush can be overcome by eating watermelon. Watermelon contains a lot of vitamins and water, the second compound that plays a role in preventing the emergence of canker sores. Because basically, thrush caused by bacteria that thrive in the mouth and the bacteria will thrive better if your mouth is dry so that the water content of watermelon can reduce the presence of bacteria.
5. Alternative low-sugar food for diabeticsAlthough watermelon is sweet, but it contains sugar which is relatively low. In addition, the benefits of watermelon for diabetics that the content contained in watermelon are able to stimulate the production of insulin resulting in lower blood sugar levels. == Watermelon fruit that has many health benefits. As reported from FitSugar, here are 5 exceptional benefits of watermelon fruit:
Watermelon is rich in lycopene. It is an antioxidant that protects the body from free radicals that can cause cancer.
2. Improving sexual function
Watermelon, especially a yellow one, rich in citrulline, nonessential amino acids and antioxidants. Citrulline helps blood vessels to become more relaxed so as to increase sexual stamina and treat erectile dysfunction.
3. Protect from disease
Watermelon is rich in vitamins A, C and B6. Vitamin A and C protects the body from harmful molecules and cause disease.
4. Good for your diet
Watermelon is low in calories. At least one of watermelon has less than 50 calories.
5. A good substitute body fluids
Watermelon fruit contains more than 92 percent water, so eating watermelon can help the fluids lost through urine and sweat. Watermelon is also rich in potassium which helps maintain the body's electrolyte and acid-base balance.
Watermelon Fruit Benefits for Pregnant WomenIn addition to the above benefits of watermelon, watermelon is also very beneficial for the health of pregnant mothers, are as follows:
- Can reduce the nausea that is often experienced by women who are pregnant.
- Function for enhancing fluid in the body, because watermelon is rich in water content.
- Prevent muscle cramps. This often occurs in the first trimester of pregnancy.
- Reduce the heat to the abdomen pregnant mother.
- Can help the development of the brain, eyes and immune system in infants.
- Well, you certainly already know the importance and benefits of this watermelon fruit. For the consumption of watermelon is also necessary to maintain the health of our bodies.